- New Yahoo CEO Bartz to receive $1 million salary, 2M bonus, 5M shares on the same day that Autodesk, where Bartz is CEO, announced layoffs Autodesk cuts fourth-quarter forecast, 750 jobs
- The End of the Financial World As We Know It refers to a NYT article written by Michael Lewis ('Liar's Poker')
- When newspapers are gone, what will you miss?
- You're boring by Seth Godin, arguing that being boring has a cost...
- Economic Distress and Fear
- Curiosity, Ignorance, Malice
- Allocating Resources: Financial Fraud vs. Terrorism on tradeoffs
- Borland to cut workforce by about 15 percent, CEO leaves, joins VMware - who is this worse for? Borland, that it is having to do layoffs AND that its CEO is resigning, or VMWare, that it is getting a possibly under-performer as COO?
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Reading - Jan 16 2009
Miscellaneous readings over the past week or so.